6th GEOGLAM RAPP workshop in Kenya
May 6 @ 9:00 am - May 11 @ 5:00 pm UTC+0Free
GEOGLAM RAPP (Rangeland And Pasture Productivity), is organising its 6th annual strategic workshop in Kenya (Nairobi), along with a session on SDG (focus on Goals 2 and 15), and an Open Data Cube workshop, during the same week.
- Sunday (6th) May: field trip to ILRI Kapiti Ranch (for RAPP members)
- Monday – Tuesday: 6th GEOGLAM RAPP & SDG workshop
- Wednesday – Friday: regional Open Data Cube workshop
The RAPP workshop will enable us to:
- Bring the community together with other end-users (food security and SDG),
- Reaffirm the community’s involvement,
- Review progress and development of the Global Monitoring system RAPP Map,
- Discuss product requirements for rangeland and pasture monitoring (e.g. biomass) to be supported by the ODC.
The RAPP meeting is organised by ILRI/CSIRO/SANSA.
ILRI (International Livestock Research Institute) – CGIAR has offered to host us in Nairobi for this strategic meeting – invited participants (by invitation only) should now have received the invitation via email and are kindly asked to fill in the survey to confirm their participation.
We would like to thank ILRI-CGIAR already for its support and kind contribution to host us. The Government of Kenya is also involved an supportive of the event.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the workshop (free registration but participants will need to cover their own travel expenses).
If you need more information about the ODC workshop, please contact the organisers (CEOS SEO and Global Partnership for Sustainable Development Data-GPSDD) directly.