Please read this page first Pilot Sites for background and general information on Pilot Sites.
To all Pilot Site Contact Points
Please note that we are currently working on a document/form to be sent to all of you, in order to collect all the EO data requirements needed for your pilot site.
What is a “good” Pilot Site for RAPP? (Criteria)
- Large test-sites
- National government or other significant institutions will or have already committed local expert capability and access to field data, have the capacity for ongoing nested field programs and science validation test-sites.
- Priority would be given initially to areas with historical and currently active rangeland/grassland monitoring and research activities
Desirable information for each Pilot Site
- Project Overview
- Collaboration & Stakeholder involvements
- Main contact point details
- Implementation Plans
- Site description
- In-situ Observations
- Agency databases
- EO Data requirements* (see below for more details)
- Location(s) – regional/local scales
- Project reports
* EO Data Requirements/Criteria if possible :
|Criteria||Satellite 1 (Spot)||Satellite 2 (Landsat)||Sat 3||Sat 4|
|Criteria||Radar Sat-2||Cosmo-Skymed||Rad 3||Rad 4|
We strongly encourage you to get in contact with CSIRO to update the information and make it available on the website for all the community of practice.